Google is sponsoring the Google Summer of Code and The Palisadoes Foundation is registered as a mentoring organization. This page is your entry point to the Palisadoes Foundation GSoC program. Please watch this page for updates concerning our participating this year.
The Palisadoes Foundation has been sponsoring work on this open-source project for a number of years. We hope to launch it in alpha at the end of the summer. Talawa is a modular open source project to help community-based organizations such as clubs, neighborhood groups, volunteer associations, non-profits and small religious institutions manage their daily activities. Most user interaction is via a mobile app.
Project Ideas and More
This section outlines all you need to know about getting involved with the Palisadoes Foundation's GSoC program:
- Learn about GSoC.
- Decide if you are eligible for GSoC.
- Read more about the changes in the eligibilty criteria for GSoC 2022.
- Review the Advice for Students to make sure you really want to apply to GSoC.
- Watch the GSoC video presentation.
- Review the Talawa website.
- Read our presentation for GSoC students
- Learn more about Talawa on our YouTube Channel.
- Get familiar with important GSoC documentation on this site:
- Read our GitHub Quick-Start Guide: It will you to prepare for your first code contribution.
- Research the GitHub issue trackers for the projects at:
- Introduce yourself on our #introductions slack channel. You can join our Slack Channel using the link on the Talawa repository's home page README.md file.
- If you do not see any interesting projects from the proposed ideas or issues, we encourage you to contact the Palisadoes Foundation’s mailing list and propose a new idea. The Palisadoes Foundation does not encourage and will not respond to your personal new open source project ideas which are unrelated to any Palisadoes projects.
- You can subscribe to our list at https://www.freelists.org/list/palisadoes.
- You can send queries to:
Ideas listis manually updated, please contact our mentors if the page is not being updated.
- Mentors can be contacted on our
#internshp-proposalsslack channel or at:
- Add an avatar to your GitHub profile. It will make it easier to associate your proposal to your work.
Other Useful Links
Here are some resources you can use to learn more about GSoC